MONTRÉAL, July 17, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Media are invited to attend the Montreal edition of the national launch of Love Food Hate Waste Canada, a campaign to dramatically reduce household food waste across the country.
Canadians throw out 2.2 million tonnes of edible food every year, at a cost of more than $17 billion. The average household discards 140 kilograms of food annually – all of it avoidable. Love Food Hate Waste Canada is a behaviour change campaign to help Canadians make their food go further and waste less by providing simple and actionable ideas for reducing food waste in the home.
Media launch events are being held in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal on July 18, 2018.
Montreal event details:
- Time: 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Location: ITHQ – 3535 Rue Saint-Denis, Salle Mont-Royal (6 floor)
- Sophie Langlois-Blouin, Vice-President of Operations, RECYC-QUÉBEC
- Bob Long, Co-Chair Food Working Group, National Zero Waste Council
- Walmart Canada, Christopher Kranjec, Market Leader
View original content: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2018/17/c5473.html